Páginas

jueves, 28 de marzo de 2013

Easter's processions

Ester in Spain is really famous with the processions the biggest of which are made in South of Spain - Andalucia. Well here on Tenerife also there is processions whole week every day. So I was really interested to see them. On the first moment I was totally shocked from the costumes of the brotherhoods they are literally looks like the Ku Klux Klan ones. But you can judge by yourself be this photos here.
So I started to ask here and there why exactly they are wearing this scary for me costumes. The answer of everybody was that it is not scary for them because they are used to it and they neither have idea why they are wearing these costumes it is just really old tradition and they don't know where it is coming from.
I am happy that I could see the processions even if I don't really understand them I really respect the catholic tradition their way of celebrating Easter.








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario