Páginas

sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2012

How everything started?


Hello my friend!

Welcome to my blog! Here I’ll tell you my personal story, the story how my dream came true. How my very ordinary life in small country changed and now I’m the paradise doing the best job in the world – organizing the free time of the Erasmus students in the University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Canary Islands.

As most of the teenagers I didn’t have very interesting life. Even I could say that I’ve had really hard moments in my life. But this is not interesting. Everybody have these moments but you have to remember that after every storm the sun is going to shine again. So after the “storm” in my life I decided that I have to change the things. I started to be a volunteer in couple of NGO’s in Bulgaria and I was really happy that I’m doing something significant for other people. During my work for these NGO’s I become well acquainted with the program Youth in Action. I went on couple of youth exchanges and understand about the other opportunities that program gives.

One of them is European Voluntary Service. This gives you the chance to go in another European country in period from 2 to 12 months to get to know the culture, people and learn the language. There are different projects which you can apply for – social, ecological, etc.

I decided that I would like to go in Spain as I love the Spanish culture, language and people. I found a sending organization and start applying for project after project in Spain, and for all of them I’ve received NO. My mentor in my sending organization – Balkan Youth Festival “Youthof the Balkans” (2011-BG-6) told me that I shouldn’t be disappointed, it’s just because it’s not “my project”. And she was right. I’ve received more than 10 NO to my applications.

And when I was on the point to give up it just happened. From one of the organizations I’ve been applied write me that I’m not approved for this project but if I want I could apply for another one which is suitable for me according to them. And when they accept my application I just couldn’t believe it’s happening such an amazing thing exactly to me. So really no matter how it sound but just never give up, you never know what’s in store for you - pursue your dreams.

After this I have to wait around three months to understand if the project will be approved from the European Commission. During this time I helped to my sending organization to prepare the 17th Balkan Youth Festival. I learned a lot during this time and I’m really grateful to all of my friends from the festival.

Now I’m here, in the paradise and I’m organizing fantastic events together with my new friends from AURI. I already met most of the new Erasmus students in the University of La Laguna and I think we will have a great time together. My roommates are amazing girls from Hungaria, Poland and Germany and we are having a lot of fun together, but for all of this I’ll tell you in my next post.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario