Páginas

sábado, 23 de febrero de 2013

Canary people

As part of my EVS project I have to promote the voluntary work and the program Youth in Action. So yesterday I had a presentation in the Nautica Faculty of ULL. I would say that it was pretty successful because some of the students were really interested and asked for the summer exchanges as they are in the middle of their studies and still can’t leave everything and participate in EVS.
After the presentation I went with the coordinator in the cafeteria to have one refreshing coffé and we join three boys which were on the first row on my presentation. They were really happy to practice their english and asked me a lot of questions. As they had a free day they were so nice to show me a lot of pictures of ships and explain me really interesting things about them, they also made a guided tour around the faculty and Santa Cruz and told me a lot of interesting historical facts that are not mentioned in the books about the history of Canary Islands and Tenerife.
My new friends Nelson and Jesus
After we had lunch in the faculty cafeteria, which was really good, we went in one museum which is located underground. There we saw the ancient walls of the old fortress of Santa Cruz and the Tiger cannon - which may be took the hand of the famous vice-admiral Horatio Nelson in the battle for protection of Tenerife. In this museum we stayed around two hours even it is really small. First the guys explained me some interesting facts and after this they were so nice to do this with french couple. After this they started to explain this thing to one englishman, who occurred that has as a hobby the history, so we had one really long and nice conversation about canary and world history. This really remind me how much I love the history and why I spent last six years in the history faculty of Sofia University.
During this day these boys showed once again how open and nice are the canary people. How they are enjoying the live and sharing it with the others even if they don’t really know them. I knew it before but now I am sure that one day after the end of my project I will come back here to live not only for the sun, but also for the such a nice local people.
El Tigre

We finished the day on the central place where all of the young pople in Santa Cruz are relaxing and enjoyng the view.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario