Páginas

domingo, 21 de octubre de 2012

Kayak

As I told you last time yesterday we were on sea canoe kayak around los Gigantes. The day was more than amazing – full with adrenaline, marvelous view and funny moments with great people. But let start from the beginning.

So we went in the morning and as we were 30 people we made two groups each of which had two hours and a half in the ocean with the canoes. Zsofi went with first group and I stayed on one very beautiful beach to wait with the second group. We had time to take some sun and swimming. As talking for the swimming you have to know that I totally can’t do it. In Bulgarian we have the expression “swim like nail in yogurt”- this definitely is my case.

So the flag on the beach was yellow which means that you have to be very careful, but I decided to enter and enjoy the big waves like jumping on it as I am 10 years old. It was really fun till the moment two big waves one after another turned me and drag me on the sandy button. It was not only kind of scary but salty too. Anyway I had some sun and after this came time for the really great part the canoe.

We went there in double canoes. As the group was with more girls I was with another girl in one boat who can’t swim as me. The facilitators told us that if we feel dizzy we just have to jump in the water and after this continue. Yes you definitely need strong hands for this sport it is not so easy.


We went in the middle enjoying from one side the los Gigantes and from the other La Gomera. Really one of the most magnificent views I’ve ever seen. So we stop there and jump in the water for a rest. Everybody were in the water, I was with life jacket so I jumped too. The water was great but my life jacket was kind of too big for me, so I had to hold it all the time not to sink. It was great but came the time that I had to go back on the canoe – mission impossible. I didn’t have enough power in my hands to pull myself out of the water. One of the guys tried to help me but the life jacket hindered so I had to put it down. Yes without life jacket I didn’t let the canoe from my hands. The guy helped me and I was safe back on the boat. I put the jacket again and decided not to go back in the ocean till we are not back on the coast. Otherwise the group had to wait for me again.

We continued and everything was great till the next stop. Everybody was in the water except me and the girl on my canoe. We were enjoying the sun and the amazing view when one of the other girl decided to turn upside-down our canoe. I couldn’t jump and stayed under it. It was scariest than the wave, because it was really hard to go out, but after, for me really much time, I could show my at least my head above the water. The problem was that my life jacket was hanged for one of the belts of the canoe and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t go out of it.

Everything went in the end one of the guys released me and turn the boat. As I already was in the water “swim” a little bit – till stop shaking, and start again the drama with going back to the canoe. This time it was faster – I put down the jacket and almost without help went up to the canoe.

Our day was really amazing and funny – maybe for the others more than for me but I wouldn’t change anything even if I could. Yes it was really exhausting – today I slept almost whole day. I’m really happy that I had this experience it was really amazing to see and feel this.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario