Páginas

domingo, 5 de mayo de 2013

Bulgarian Easter cake

Ok let´s continue with the Easter story. As you know the Catholic and Orthodox Easter are always at least with one week difference, but this year it was whole month. As we were pretty busy last month I tried to make workshop for decorating Easter eggs this week but as everybody here thinks that Easter was one month ago almost no one inscribed so we had to cancel it. It was really pity.
Well I didn't give out and we make a Saturday - a small workshop for Bulgarian traditions :) In the Great Saturday, the day before Easter, as it is the tradition we made a Bulgarian Easter Bred - Kozunak. As it needs a lot of time, work and love to become good one we spend the meanwhile time sharing stories and traditions. I also show them how to make Martenitsas as they wasn't available for other Martenitsas workshop and we painted few eggs with the Bulgarian Technics and make a eggs fight as it is the tradition.
It was one really nice afternoon that I shared with very close for me friends my own culture and keep the tradition of preparing Kozunak for Easter. Thank you Macu, Marie and Jony.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario